In light of recent stage 3 restrictions, we want to reassure you that
CHIROPRACTIC is classified as an ESSENTIAL SERVICE.
At Waverley Central Chiropractic Clinic (WCCC),
we are doing everything we can to help keep our community safe.
Although chiropractic practices are permitted to remain open this is not business as usual.
Stage 4 restrictions are aligned to Victoria’s current State of Disaster and
are focused on saving and protecting the lives of all Victorians
through restricting non-essential movement across the state for the next six weeks.
Chiropractors are considered ‘essential services’ and will play an important
role in helping Victorians manage their health during this difficult time.
- No referral is required
- Routine care is not permitted.
Stage 4 restrictions are aligned to Victoria’s current State of Disaster and are understandably
focused on saving and protecting the lives of all Victorians through restricting non-essential
movement across the state.
Examples provided by the DHHS of when it is appropriate for care to be provided to a patient
include the following:
- To avoid a requirement for specialist input/review
- To avoid an increase in care needs and/or alternate accommodation
- To avoid a hospital admission or emergency department presentation.
For this reason, care should only be provided if it is considered ‘essential’ for the next 6 weeks
and where not receiving care is likely to lead to a significant deterioration in the health or wellbeing
of the patient. In all other circumstances, you must not see a chiropractor for a face-to-face consultation.
This is a legal requirement.
To help keep you safe, we have revised our hygiene standards even further, and along with our
initial measures we have also included:
- Temperature checks for all staff and patients before entering the clinic
- All staff and patients will now be required to wear face masks during clinical hours/treatment times
- GEL IN, GEL OUT is mandatory upon entering and leaving the clinic
- All treatment tables, equipment and surfaces are disinfected after each patient pre and post-treatment
with medical-grade spot disinfectant
- Patients may be asked to wait in their cars until their appointment time
- A range of treatment options to minimise contact (if preferable for the patient)
- COVID-19 clear acrylic protective screens have been added to our reception desk
- Any staff that are experiencing any flu-like symptoms will be required to quarantine for a mandatory
14 days before returning to the clinic.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have arrived back into Australia following overseas travel,
we ask that you do not attend the clinic for 14 days, and seek medical attention prior to making a future appointment.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and notify you of any changes to this advice.
From everyone at WCCC, we understand this is a difficult time and we look forward to your support
as we work through this together to keep our community safe.