(AS OF WEDNESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER 2021):
Due to the ongoing level of community transmission of COVID-19 in Victoria, the current lockdown across Melbourne will be extended once again.
Victoria’s Chief Health Officer has declared, as of Wednesday 1st September 2021, that almost all of the current lockdown restrictions will remain in place until 70 per cent of Victorians have had at least one dose of vaccine. This is estimated to be around 23rd of September 2021.
Until then there will still be only five reasons to leave home: shopping for food and supplies, authorised work and study, care and caregiving, exercise, and getting vaccinated. Other restrictions – including mask wearing – will stay the same.
What does this mean for Chiropractic & Physiotherapy?
Allied health professionals working in private or public community services, whether clinic-based or home-based, providing urgent clinical care. Note: face-to-face appointments should only occur for urgent clinical care that cannot be deferred – routine face to face care is not permitted but may be provided via telehealth.
For the purpose of the current lockdown, the definition of urgent clinical care for this purpose is:
Direct clinical care (and other clinical support activity necessary to support direct clinical care) that prevents a significant change/deterioration in functional independence necessitating escalation of care OR is required as an adjunct to other urgent medical/surgical interventions.
For example, urgent clinical care;
- that avoids a potential hospital admission or emergency department presentation;
- that prevents/delays the need for further specialist medical or surgical intervention;
- that prevents an increase in care needs that would necessitate additional carer supports or change in accommodation needs;
- that limits secondary complications post surgery; or
- where deferral would lead to long term adverse consequences (e.g. delays to child development).
What does this mean for Remedial Massage?
Remedial massage therapy will not be able to perform face-to-face consultations until further notice/announcements.
As always, your health and safety are our highest priority. To help keep you safe, we will be continuing our current COVIDSafe plan.
- All staff and patients will be required to check-in upon entry to the clinic via our QR code
- All staff and patients are required to wear face masks at all times
- GEL IN, GEL OUT is mandatory upon entering and leaving the clinic
- All treatment tables, equipment and surfaces are disinfected after each patient pre and post-treatment
with medical-grade spot disinfectant
- Patients may be asked to wait in their cars until their appointment time – if needed
- A range of treatment options to minimise contact (if preferable for the patient)
- COVID-19 clear acrylic protective screens have been added to our reception desk
- Any staff that are experiencing any flu-like symptoms will be required to quarantine for a mandatory
14 days before returning to the clinic.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or have arrived back into Australia following overseas travel,
we ask that you do not attend the clinic for 14 days, and seek medical attention prior to making a future appointment.
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and notify you of any changes to this advice.
From everyone at WCCC, we understand this is a difficult time and we look forward to your support
as we work through this together to keep our community safe.